Coaching Expressions of Interest for 2024 Season
The Moorabbin Rams is currently calling for Expressions of Interest from Junior Coaches interested in supporting The Mighty Rams in season 2024.
Applications are called for either Head Coach or Assistant Coach for all age groups:
Under 6 to Under 12 (Pathways)
and U13 to Under 18 (Juniors)
OUR COACHES ARE SPECIAL PEOPLE
We expect a lot from our junior coaches.
As a Rams junior coach, you must:
- Adhere to the Rugby Australia Code of Conduct and Moorabbin Rams Code of Conduct.
- Hold a current Working With Children check.
- Hold a minimum of SMART Rugby and either Foundation Level (Pathways) or Level 1 Coaching accreditation (Juniors) or be willing to gain accreditation within the next 2 months.
- Commit to mid-week training sessions and Saturday competition matches for the duration of the season (our pre-season will commence in January).
- Possess a level of rugby knowledge and experience commensurate with the age group applied for.
- Have high-level communication and organisational skills and be able to constructively engage with a wide range of people beyond your playing group, including parents and officials.
- Have a proven work ethic – be willing to work hard, as part of a team, always leading by example.
- Make a positive contribution to the junior coaching ethos and club culture, which is based on RESPECT – for ourselves, our teammates and others in the rugby community.
We offer a lot in return:
- A well-resourced, well organised, supportive and highly motivated club environment.
- Support staff (all volunteers), including team managers for each team - so that our coaches coach, and our managers manage.
- Access to development and progression opportunities (eg higher level coaching qualifications).
- An opportunity to positively contribute to the lives of the younger members of our club.
Coaching at this level is hugely rewarding.
We would be delighted to hear from both highly experienced junior coaches, and those in the early days (or considering beginning) their coaching journey.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE FRIDAY 10 NOVEMBER.
All nominations will be considered on merit.
To express your interest, or for a confidential discussion, please contact:
Chris Roberts - Director of Junior Rugby
Contact: 0490 685 520
MOORABBIN JUNIOR RUGBY CONTACTS
Director of Junior Rugby
Junior Rugby Coordinator
Junior Coach Director
0409 203 377