Dear Members and Supporters,
I am writing to you to inform you of the Club's response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the associated implications as we head into the 2020 Rugby Season. As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, the safety of our members and the community is our primary concern.
The Current Situation
- Rugby AU and the member unions including Rugby Vic have voted to suspend the start of the season and postpone all community rugby training and games.
- There is a directive that the season commencement will be delayed and that the commencement dates will be reassessed in the upcoming weeks.
Safety and Well-being
The spread of COVID-19 across communities will have an impact on where our people work and how we continue to operate.
In response to the current COVID-19 situation Moorabbin RUFC:
- Has implemented many initiatives, including actions identified by State and Federal Governments and health organisations.
- Has directed people involved with the operations of the club to minimise their activity at the club and to meet online, by telephone and avoid non-essential face to face meetings and only meet in small groups in line with Government guidelines.
- Has postponed all club events.
- Will be providing ongoing information to members regarding hygiene in relation to COVID-19.
- Has introduced additional cleaning measures at the club.
- Will continue to look for ways to support our members who require assistance in these difficult times.
Communication and Leadership
We will continue to review any changes to the current response based on advice from Rugby Victoria or the appropriate State and Federal agencies. We will also be working with the rest of the Victorian Rugby Community and Rugby Victoria to formulate a plan of action about the possible format and timing for the 2020 season.
Please continue to monitor our Facebook Page and Club website for updates. We will also utilise emails when possible for communication.
Senior players will be contacted by the coaches about training plans to supplement the great start we've had this preseason.
If you have any concerns or questions, or want to discuss how you might support and help people who are in need at this time, please reach out to your club contacts.
In the meantime please stay safe, keep fit and get ready for a fantastic (if slightly delayed) rugby season at Moorabbin Rugby Union Football Club!
Further Information Links
Coronavirus Health Information Line: 1800 020 080
Call this number if you are seeking information on Coronavirus (COVID-19). The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.