Dear Members and Supporters,
Further to my note last week COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, the safety of our members and the community continues to be at the forefront of our thinking. I will also be contacting our sponsors and stakeholders with an update.
This is a stressful time for many people and staying connected with your club can be a great way to stay in touch with friends and to support each other. This can also be a stressful time for children and parents, with some schools already delivering curriculum remote of the classroom, combined with uncertainty as things change. There are some resource links provided at the end of this communication, but please reach out and stay in contact with us, we are going to get through this together and need to support each other best we can.
The Current Situation & Updates
• Rugby Vic has convened a Community Advisory Group and based on current information from health authorities, the peak sporting bodies and Governmental stakeholders, the season is postponed until 16 May 2020, with a potential extension to September 2020.
• The Jack McDavitt Cup, the season launch events and Jack McDavitt Day are postponed until there is a definite date for the season start.
• Smart Rugby certifications expire on 01 April 2020 and those of you need to update accreditation's please get online and do so.
• Player registrations and memberships for part payment options have been ceased by Rugby Australia but full season memberships are still available.
• Coaching plans and player programs are available for players and coaches. We need you all to stay fit and ready for when the season start is announced. If you need help to access this information please contact head coach Rayne Simpson email@example.com , Matt Golden at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ian Nathan via the contact details on the website.
• The club has established a working group that is communicating regularly and will keep you abreast of updates.
Please continue to monitor our Facebook Page and Club website for updates. We will also utilise emails when possible for communication.
If you have any concerns or questions, or want to discuss how you might support and help people who are in need at this time, please reach out to your club contacts.
In the meantime please stay safe, connected and look out for each other.
President, Moorabbin RUFC
Further Information Links
Coping with stress and helping children
Covid-19 helpline and government information