Date: Sunday February 7th, 2021
Time: 9am to 1pm
Venue: Harlequin Rugby Club, Power Ave, Ashwood, VIC, 3147
Registrations are now open and you need to be registered by 6/02/2021.
1. Log on to the Rugby Xplorer page: https://myaccount.rugbyxplorer.com.au/
2. Choose 'Learning Centre' from the menu and then select your 'Profile'
3. Choose 'Browse Learning' from the top menu
4. Enter 'Foundation Course’ in the search bar
5. Find the venue/date at the bottom of the page
6. Enrol in the course
The Foundation Certificate Course is an excellent way for coaches and referees to improve their knowledge of Rugby and represents the first step in the pathway towards Level 1 accreditation.
It focuses on the Core Skill areas of the game, how to coach, how to referee, and the relevant Laws related to each area of the game.
Course modules include:
- Rugby - The Game Balance & Stability
- Attack and Defence
- Tackle, Ruck and Maul
- Game Elements
- Scrum and Lineout
- Kick Offs & Restarts
- Coaching, The Role of Referee and Accreditation Requirements
This course also covers the requirements of SmartRugby.
You will notice you have access to ARU's online version of Smart Rugby when you enrol in the Foundation Certificate Course.
You are welcome to complete the online version but you are NOT REQUIRED to.
Your online Smart Rugby learning will be marked as complete by an administrator once your attendance is confirmed at the Foundation Course.
Awarded on successful completion of the following learning event:
- Foundation Certificate Course (face to face)
- Smart Rugby.
A Foundation Certificate is a prerequisite for enrollment into the following accreditation pathways:
- ARU Coach Level 1
- ARU Referee Level 1.
- Minimum age: must be turning 15 in the calendar year of enrollment.
- (L1 Referee Accreditation cannot be obtained until the participant has actually turned 15, however).